Experienced California Duck Hunting Guides
Are you looking to book a duck hunt in California?
Whether you are from here or planning to visit and want to get some hunting in – everyone knows that the Golden State is home to diverse habitats, ranging from marshes to rice fields and a remarkable variety of waterfowl species.
But, to really make the most of your duck hunt, you’ll need the expertise of a seasoned and knowledgeable guide. We’ve compiled a list of California Duck Hunting Guides below for you to consider.
- Merlo Waterfowl – Merlo Waterfowl is a premier California duck hunting guide that specializes in hunting ducks, geese, and deer, as well as fishing in the lakes and rivers of the greater Northern California area. With over 80 years of combined experience, resources, and a deep passion for the outdoors, Merlo Waterfowl Company offers its guests the opportunity to experience some of the finest waterfowl hunting, deer hunting, and fishing in the Pacific Northwest. To book a hunt with Merlo Waterfowl, give them a call at (530) 966-4303, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Their knowledgeable guides will ensure that you have an unforgettable and successful hunting or fishing experience in Northern California.
- West Coast Guide Service – West Coast Guide Service is a highly-rated California duck hunting guide that offers fully guided duck and goose hunts in both the balance of state and NE zones. With multiple properties and leases throughout the state, their experienced guides are able to properly scout and prepare for upcoming hunts. Depending on the location of the hunt, you can expect to see dabblers, divers, and both Snow Geese and Specks. Hunters will be hunting over a mixed spread and over flooded rice, primarily in Northern California around the Sacramento Valley. To book a hunt with West Coast Guide Service, give them a call at (925) 768-9133. Their knowledgeable guides will provide you with an unforgettable and successful hunting experience in California.
- River Valley Outfitters – River Valley Outfitters is a full-service Northern California and Southern Oregon waterfowl hunting guide that caters to hunters of all levels, from beginners to seasoned professionals. Situated in the Sacramento Valley, River Valley Outfitters offers access to a number of natural ponds, riparian-lined sloughs, creeks, and rice fields where thousands of ducks and geese migrate during hunting season. Looking for a guided hunt in California? Book your trip with River Valley Outfitters by visiting their website at Valleywaterfowlhunting.com or by giving them a call at 530-592-9931. Their knowledgeable guides will ensure that you have a successful and enjoyable hunting adventure in Northern California.
- Sac River Guide Service – Sac River Guide Service, run by none other than the professional hunting guide and outfitter, Kirk Portocarrero. With his extensive expertise, Kirk is sure to make your next waterfowl hunting session a huge success! To book your hunting adventure with Sac River Guide Service, visit their website at sacriverguide.com or give them a call at (530) 515-5951. Kirk and his team will make sure that you have a great time and come away with memories that will last a lifetime. Kirk’s guided waterfowl hunts in late winter and early spring include a variety of different ducks, such as mallards, pintail, wood ducks, widgeon, and teal, as well as Canadian honkers (both speck and snow). By utilizing both public and private land, Sac River Guide Service is able to set up blinds in a range of different locations to ensure the best possible experience for our hunts.
- Golden State Guide Service – Golden State Guide Service is a high-quality California duck hunting guide that specializes in targeting Diver Ducks and Surf Scoters in the San Francisco Bay. With years of experience and a passion for waterfowl hunting, their knowledgeable guides will take you on a successful and unforgettable hunting experience. To book a hunt with Golden State Guide Service, give Charlie a call at (925) 330-2424.
- Tuckers Guide Service – Tucker’s Guide Service provides two main opportunities for waterfowl hunters: Flooded Rice Field Hunts and Dry Field Goose Hunts. If you’re looking to hunt ducks and geese in a flooded field, you’ll be set up in a steel duck blind, fully furnished with blind stools, brush covers to keep you hidden from waterfowl flying overhead, and decoys that are pre-set. Cameron, your guide, will take you to the blind via UTV. Once you’re in the blind, Cameron will provide you with professional calling, an overview of the area you’re hunting in, and his trusty lab, Peanut, will do all the legwork of retrieving your birds. To book your hunt with Tucker’s Guide Service, head over to their website at tuckersguideservice.com or give them a call at 530-933-8129. Cameron and his team will ensure that you have a fantastic time hunting waterfowl in Northern California.
California is a duck hunter’s paradise, and with the help of one of these California duck hunting guides, you’re sure to increase your chances of having a successful hunt.
Don’t forget; it’s called “hunting,” not “shooting. No guide can guarantee birds to fly, but the guides listed above have years of experience when it comes to guiding clients and trying to give the best hunt possible.
Whether you’re a seasoned hunter or a beginner, these guides will do their best to put you on the birds.